Create new application
The _Create new application_ menu option lists all the grant types for which you can currently apply. These are also displayed in the right column of your [#22,dashboard] page.
The application forms are self explanatory, but the following resources are useful:* [#26,Application process] outlines the steps between submitting your application and being advised of the outcome.
* [#27,Guides for application types] should be read *before* completing your application form.
*1 * The top menu provides direct access to other parts of the Neurological Foundation portal.*2 * The page header shows the application's current status and associated information that depends on that status - such as the date by which submission is required, or the size of the grant the application has been awarded. This section of the application form also has the _History_ button, which displays the steps through which the application has so far passed.*3 * When you first create an application, you're asked to check that the personal details for your Neurological Foundation portal account are correct. Incorrect details may impact the processing of your application.*4 * The _Guidelines_ section contains a _general help_ link to this page, and a link to _specific guidelines_ which depend on the application type.
Editing rich textYour application form may contain one or more rich text entry fields. These are easily recognised by the button bar above them. uri/../images/richtexteditorcontrols.pngThe purpose of each button should be familiar and the usual shortcut keys apply (B for bold, I for italic etc). Each button has a mouseover hint as a reminder. If you are pasting text from an existing document (particularly if that document was created in Microsoft Word), some additional steps are necessary to preserve the formatting of list items.1. Paste the document.
1. Find and highlight the list, which will be presented as a solid block of text.1. Click the _ordered_ or _unordered_ list button on the button bar.
1. Work through the list stopping at each existing number or bullet; remove the existing number/bullet and press the *Enter* key to create a new list item at that point.
Managing your applicationThe bottom of each application form has a set of buttons. The available buttons vary depending on the status of your application.
* The *PDF* button generates a PDF which contains the application form plus any attached documents.* The *Delete* button allows you to delete any application you have not submitted.
* The *Save* button saves any changes you've made to your application so you can return later to edit or submit it.* The *Submit* button verifies that you've provided all the necessary information, then delivers your application to the institution with which you're associated, so it can be given administrative approval before being sent to the Neurological Foundation. You will receive an email notification when the application is sent on to the Neurological Foundation.
* The *Cancel* button closes the application without saving any changes you may have made.
If you can't find the information you need, please use the "Get in touch" form on this page
to send an inquiry to the Neurological Foundation.
Dashboard | Applications | List all applications | Grant type filter | Funding round filter | Status filter | Page reload | Application process | Guides for application types | Chapman Fellowship | Guidelines and General Information | Ethical Aspects of Research | Conference or Training Course | Doctoral Scholarship | First Fellowship | O'Brien Fellowship | Project Grant | Senior Clinical Fellowship | Senior Research Fellowship | Small Project Grant | Summer Studentship | Travel Grant | Wrightson Fellowship | Catwalk Trust Project Grant | Catwalk Trust Postdoctoral Fellowship | Catwalk Trust Doctoral Scholarship | Dawn Fellowship | Create new application | Personal options | Profile | Log out | Welcome | Our relationship with you | Grant reports | Messages | Application data